Wednesday, June 8, 2011

stay sweet.

things have been a little hectic around here. hectic, thankfully, is a great thing. the busier i am, the more meetings i am having and the closer i am to opening my doors to you. all good things. this busy-ness does impede the blogging process though, as you can see.

i have mentioned before that when i get beat down by the numbers side of all the business planning, i have to take a break and work on design or a more creative side of the shop. tonight was no different. oh, and i'll let you in on a little menu secret.

we make our own syrups.

in an effort to create distinct and quality beverages, i have been working on perfecting a handful of syrups to make your day just a bit sweeter. my hope is that by making syrups in house, with high quality (read: organic, local and fair trade when possible) ingredients we can keep costs down on both my end and yours.

flavor of the night? vanilla bean.

i will, at some point, post the menus up on the blog/website, but until then: what are some of your favorite flavors? what would you like to see in the shop? do tell, do tell.

stay sweet.

7 comments:

  1. Cinnamon and anything that tastes like Christmas!
    Oh, and pumpkin; definitely pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl, we definitely have a cinnamony treat cooking..don't you worry. and yes! seasonal flavors will make their appearances as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla caramel! And andes mint flavor (dont know if its possible but it would be delicious)

    ReplyDelete
  4. coconut. and i really enjoyed reading your thought process. so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. raspberry! Raspberry is my favorite flavor in all things coffee-shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once had a spiced hot chocolate that blew me away. I kept thinking how (more) amazing it would have been if it had a shot of espresso in it. I'm not talking about a mexican chocolate type of spice, though that would be awesome too, this thing was tickle your throat spicy. It was definitely a bittersweet chocolate to begin with I'm thinking it had ancho chili and nutmeg in there somewhere.

    I know that wasn't a syrup answer, but I've craved that taste since I had it and I have yet to find it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've always wondered what the ratio was. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete